View Single Post
Old 2006-04-12, 10:12   Link #7
lavielove

Title:Zegapain(stalled) [megami]
Rating:Unknown (Previously B+)
Episode Viewed:3 [stalled]

What I like about Zegapain is the character designs and the pace of the anime. Mecha series are costly to produce so why should I stay away from zegapain.The first episode was trying to explain the things like teleporting and how the main characters of the show got separate right from the start.mecha series with harem vibe,but not lame.must watch.

Title: Soul Link [raw]
Rating: D
Episodes Viewed: Unknown [dropped]

This is not a Navel that made Shuffle.The character introduction in episode 1 was uninteresting and the airship designs not that good.Navel's attempt to space failed in Soul Link.

Title: Utawarerumono [Yesy]
Rating: B+
Episodes Viewed: 4 [stalled]

The girls in this anime are somewhat look like Solty Rei.Their ears move when they talk plus they all have tails.Out of all from the school-drama series,this series stand out.The country side epic-drama with out of the box characters.The story arrangement is fit to the characters nicely.Epic,love and suspence(may be you will not notice),its all in there.

Title: Yume Tsukai [arienai and ureshii][raw]
Rating: A (Previously C)
Episodes Viewed: 6

Animation for Ueshiba Riichi's manga, Yume Tsukai.I couldn't think of the target audience Pony Canyon trying to reach.Instead of playing stunts on Yume Tuskai manga,they should have choose the other manga or novel to make this kind of anime.Alot different from the Yume Tsukai anime that should be.Honesly Yume Tsukai anime in my past imagination was a blood-bath like Elfen Lied but the anime version is intented for younger audience.But for the sake of curiousity and love of the charcters such as Touko,Rinko,Hajime and Segawa(the most interesting charcter),I will keep on watching.But for the rating,it only deserve C.

[edited after ep4]
Ep4 amazed me and the I will now rate this as B+.With the introduction with a new character called Sagawa,the animation style went up.More to that, some of the elements in the episode are not only from Yume Tsukai manga, but also from "Discommunication-Spirit of the death".

updated:
Starting from episode 6, I will assure you,you will like this anime much more than that.Episode 3 is quite crappy and alot of japanese viewers dropped from the viewing list after airing.Episode 6 contained character development,a continuation of episode 4,about one of the Yume Tsukai.Alot of scenes in episode 6 are amusing and mindless funny.

Title: Air Gear [Kyuuketsuki ]
Rating: B+ (previously A-->B-->A)
Episodes Viewed: 6

Unique character development and slow pace in story developement which is good.I'm not a big fan of sport anime like Prince of Tennis.But after watching "Air Gear" episode 1,I couldn't stop myself from watching episode 2.What I like about "Air Gear" is the mixed substances of love and hobby. It's good to see the youngster doing pranks and feel free.If you are suffocated with classroom drama/comedy animes,watch "Air Gear".It will give you a break and suck you in.

updated:
More Fan service scences are kicked in and generated some popularity among the viewers in episode 5.Episode 6, the story background of Sky-King is reveal and the story continue.

Title: Tokko [goodnight]
Rating: A-
Episodes Viewed: 2 [stalled because I'm planning to watch two episodes at the same time after the Golden week]

This one is based on the manga.If you are faint hearted, you should not watch Tokko.I dropped Blood+ from watching because I felt not scary at all while I was watching.Tokko was rated as [R-15] not just to show off, it's a real [R-15] anime,quite rare these days.But mind you,there are a few topless scene and blood like Gantz.

[edited after ep2]

I am quite suprised by the comedic value delivered in the episode 2.I'm happily following Tokko not just for blood also for the comedy.

Title: The Third ~Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo~ [Ayu][raw]
Rating: A+(Previously A)
Episodes Viewed: 4

This one is from Xebec and broadcast only on WOWOW.The first episode showed-off the outstanding animated sequences,espically when Honoka was(the main character) running,slashing the sword and talking into her headphone. From there I read wiki to get to know more about it.After that I found myself rooted to this one.At a quick look it looks just another Shana, but unlike Shana, Honoka is more tomboyish and more funny.This anime will run 20 over episodes and I'm sure I won't miss a big time.

[updated]
The character development is boomed up to the point where Honoka(main character girl) showing her true form.We had a chance to see she's not a human in the episode 4.

Title: Amaenaideyo (2nd season)[Mendoi]
Rating: Unknown
Episodes Viewed: 7 [stalled]

I hate this show in the 1st season because of the several facts that I cound't accept for this show.But for the second season, a new character was introduced and the story line is much more like a love traingle.This show is more suitable for the guys(full of fans service).Rating may be abit bias because of my gender.

updated
I stalled this anime again.It's just too boring to follow. >.> They bring in that Buddha image again in episode 6 too.

new entry

Yoshinaga-san-chi no Gargoyle [Shining Fansubs]
Rating: Unknown
Episodes Viewed: 1

The story about a gargoyle(the stone statue that are placed and seen on the gate of the residences) and it's owner.In anime it's Gargoyle-kan,so I will refer to gargoyle as a male.A gargoyle the owner little girl namely Futaba-chan.Futaba-chan is quite a wired kid,agressive and stubborn type. Gargoyle-kan enjoyed nugging the others with his big words.I like the anime with detailed background art and perspective drawings,so Yoshinaga-san-chi no Gargoyle easily got into my watch-list.You will see the main character being very young in this anime but it is not a kiddie anime.Alot more characters
are expected to be introduced in the future episodes.

Note:
Rating Unknown means "you should read the other people reviews who watch more episode of a particular anime than me ^_^"

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-05-18 at 14:18.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote