View Single Post
Old 2012-06-28, 23:00   Link #930
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I'll just say it as I see it, most of the GOP voters out there are low information voters due to many reasons, such as religion, racism or old age beliefs. This is why they oppose the health care law, they lack the critical thinking and are easily manipulated. But once they begin receiving the benefits from the law they will start supporting it (quietly of course, ala social security and medicare).

This is why I predict that if Obama is reelected the discontent for the health care bill will dwindle drastically, and by 2016 Republicans will deter from running on the slogan of repeal Obamacare, because their voters will be too busy enjoying their health care benefits to run against it. This doesn't mean that they will stop trying to do away with the law, they will just simply change tactics by re-framing the debate (my money is on deficit and spending messaging).

The real losers will be the poor insurance companies. After all, they have been blocking health care reform for decades because they know that they can't keep their record profits if they don't reject those pesky risky clients with pre-existing conditions. Oh the tragedy; those poor CEOs won't be able to afford that second mansion in Malibu.

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2012-06-28 at 23:11.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote