View Single Post
Old 2012-12-01, 13:46   Link #15
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
It's her own damn fault for not asking if there's a 'mama' involved also when Yui keeps saying 'papa'.
I'll have to check again, but I'm pretty sure she even referred to "Mama" directly a few times, and at the end of Episode 20 she told Kirito not to "cheat". I guess Leefa just didn't really understand what Yui's comments were supposed to mean (or that they should be taken at face value). The true depth of connection that Kirito had to "Mama" probably wasn't clear until she realized who Kirito and "Mama" were. So I don't really "blame" her... but at the same time, the hints were there. As Klashikari alluded to, from her perspective, it probably didn't help that Kazuto/Kirito had so quickly "friendzoned" (sister-zoned?) her and they were getting along so well. It played perfectly well into the scenario she wanted to have play out, even though there too hints were dropped that he didn't see her that way.

In the end, this sort of heartbreak is always the result of some degree of mutual misunderstanding anyway. I can understand people who don't like the fact that it was written this way... but personally I don't mind it.