View Single Post
Old 2007-08-12, 14:18   Link #16
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Another great ep, for me. The *bleep* Gun-am %whistle% section between Konata and Kona-dad. Konata saying that Kagami talking to a fish gives a lonely image. Yui-neesan turning to Konata with a candy bar filling her mouth, with a great "mmmhh?" from Yui's seiyuu Nishihara Saori.

Yu-chan thinking seniors have no homework because Kona-chan doesn't do any, and Kagamin's reaction. The nice animation of Kagamin twirling her hair at 11:06. And I loved the drawing in the overhead view of Kagamin and Tsukasa watching TV at 11:41, with Kagamin's legs out to the side.

Kuroi-sensei was good throughout. I'm coming to love her accent, fake or not (she comes from Hyogo, so it's probably real). Her disappointment in not being the one asked for help was nice, as was her fruitless attempt to get some sleep by not playing on line.

The freshmen continue to be wonderful. Hiyori's thinking "it's hard to answer" when Yu-chan asked her what kind of manga she drew. Hiyori's imagination of Yu-chan and Minami together, both the starry romance and then giant Yu-chan. I really felt Shimizu Kaori did a wonderful, very professional job with Hiyori, with various different expressions. Like kj1980, I loved the bowling score, for the reasons he mentions.

And both Fukuhara Kaori (Tsukasa) and Hasegawa Shizuka (Yu-chan) have such moe voices.

I enjoyed the ED, after I got over my disappointment that it wasn't Aya.

Noticed in the end credits that one person was credited as writer, director, storyboarder, and animation supervisor of this episode. Quite unusual. Sometimes those jobs are done by four different people, often by three, sometimes by two. I don't remember having seen one person do them all before, though I expect it happens. The staff member in this case was Aratani Tomoe, who was chief animation director of AIR, as well as doing a lot on AIR, Munto, Haruhi, and this show. I wonder if she will show up as a series director sometime, now that she is getting experience with scriptwriting as well as the more visual aspects of animation. Here's her page in No Anime, No Life.

However, I also see that Yamakan (original director Yamamoto Yutaka) is now shown as co-writer of ep23, along with chief writer Machida Douko. I think AVPlaya is right and he is back in the KyoAni fold. Maybe everything up to now has been part of the possible subterfuge mooted by kj1980 around ep4, covering up for Yamakan's own wish to get out from under the responsibility.

Only five more eps to go! Time flies when you're having fun. To think that I worried there would not be enough material to retain interest for 24 episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
The Song Will Be Under The Sea In An Octopus' Garden With Aya Hirano
No it wasn't. Don't get my hopes up, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-08-12 at 14:32.