View Single Post
Old 2009-04-01, 17:44   Link #325
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylaran View Post
Is there any crew member that Luffy will need in the future?

For some reason I doubt he's going to want such a small crew to be a real pirate. I've always felt like that pirate dream of being a pirate requires a larger crew than what he has now.
My friend and I tossed around the idea of Luffy getting someone from Fishman Island whenever they get around to actually going there...
Really, a merman is just about the only missing element of the crew: someone to save the Ability users who fall overboard.

Speaking in terms of Shounen, the main crew probably won't get much bigger than this, maybe another three people at most? You can't have the main cast get too full in a situation like this, realize that unlike Naruto's "Rookie 9," anyone who joins the Strawhats are bound for a lot of screen time and having too many characters around at once is somewhat cumbersome for the viewers.

Besides, you said it yourself right?
Quote:
Well, I guess they don't need man power (ridiculously powerful crew is ridiculously powerful haha).
Sums it up about right.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote