View Single Post
Old 2009-11-10, 12:35   Link #3010
Neofio3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
(IIRC, the signature under "To my beloved apprentice" was Beatrice. And the signature was done by the same person who wrote the letters-in-the-bottom. And the person who wrote the letters was not Maria.
And Maria has been shown especially skilled in copying. She's been doing extremely elaborate magical circles, and copying magical texts to an extent that the adults and cousins are amazed. So that is not proof that Maria cannot copy or create a signature and address it to her apprentice, Ange.

Quote:
Ange being orphan was sad indeed. It was a cost which must incur if the gamble was to be done. So money has to be sent to Ange as well (again, great collateral damage). )
So, Kyrie loves Maria enough to sacrifice the love of her own daughter? This loving Kyrie believes that the life of a child growing up without both her parents (and eventually becoming screwed up enough to view jumping off skyscrapers for kicks) is commensurate with money?

Quote:
In short, your opposition is Kyrie were too anti-magic and too rational to be Beatrice. As stated in EP2, eveyone pretended in order not to break children's innocence and dreams. You can believe Kyrie unable to do such things. You can choose to reject that my view that Kyrie saw Maria as her past and second daughter. You can insist that Kyrie was so grown-up to play with children. Just like I can insist the otherwise.

This point, is almost a matter of personal judgment, as there are no hard proof of personality or motive. All motives are merely speculation until it is stated.
The opposition is that in your scenario, you have Kyrie not acting like Kyrie. Its almost like imagining Eva undergoing a change of heart and donating all her material goods to charity, or Kinzo actually being nice to someone.

Quote:
Tell me who Batter's mother was? Who wrote the 07151129 password on the door? Why Kyrie insisted Battler to believe in magic in EP4? What was the purpose of the scene in the Golden Land that Beatrice's magic could never resurrect Sakutarou? Why the letters-in-the-bottle never mentioned Ange?

We would soon know the answer. Soon. Beforw we know it, maybe you could tell me your hypothesis connecting all of these.
All of these things does not equal your hypothesis, that Kyrie is the mastermind while having the family and Maria's wellbeing at heart. All of these things, in fact, can be perfectly explained with Kyrie as the culprit, while not caring about the family or Maria at all.

To follow your hypothesis: Kyrie is perfectly poised to be the culprit, under the "Kyrie is the culprit" theory. However, your motivations to her, that of caring for a completely unrelated child she only meets once a year, over the lives of both her husband (of whom she's been proven to sacrifice 11 years of her life) and her own biological child, who she's perfectly willing to kill and/or abandon just does not work. Greed would work. Secretly hating everyone (including her husband and child) would work. But positing a Kyrie with enough empathy to love a mere acquaintance over her own family is just plain inconsistent, as far as motivations go.
Neofio3 is offline   Reply With Quote