View Single Post
Old 2009-03-13, 14:51   Link #38
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
I usually don't mind those types if they were more intelligent but somehow, those hot headed types are usually dumb or something so it's really annoying.

Yeah, Leerin is really a cliche type but I'm actually find with those so it doesn't bother me much. The first type like that I encounter is from a JRPG named Lunar. It did not really both me much although that's probably the first time encounter them. Lunar 2 has the same type for the main heroine except initially, she owns everything in sight until her powers were sealed by the main baddy.

Actually, when I think about it, I never had much problems with cliche characters and I think that's because I tend to enjoy it for what it is and don't usually compare series with other series or games that much because if I do, I don't think I could enjoy it as much since I keep on seeing the similarity. It's similar to how Layfon is. He's actually quite cliche but I still enjoy watching him as much as all the other heroes in games or series.
Ah Lunar, those are good memories, I still remember her song
I never had much problems with cliche characters too, but after so many things, for female chara i've 2 type that i despise, the "useless girl on a shounen type story, that is good only with words or moral support, that strangely have a big power and all people that she has around need to protect her", and the "abusive, selfish, ecc loli" (you know, Taiga, Louise, Shana, Index ecc.). There is always the possibility that i can enjoy their personality and way of thinking, but surely not type of chara