View Single Post
Old 2011-01-22, 08:28   Link #2066
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
For me, it's the risk vs reward at a certain time in a persons life. The reason there's an age for drinking is because when you're older, you're more able to handle the responsibility than when you're a kid. Heck, even driving a car, you have to be 15-16 in the States.

You may be taught how to use a condom, but as effective as they are, they aren't 100% and there's a lot of people who are stupid enough, especially teens, who don't use them. Plus, if the worse should happen, a 14 year old getting accidentally knocked up is much worse than an 18-19 year old who's already graduated from high school, has a degree and is able to actually support a child. And I'm actually wondering if Yuki and Tooru used protection or if she just got lucky.

But Waven is right-- it's just a different world view and how we were raised, combined with people's own circumstances. As I've said, I've seen enough teen pregnancy to be wary.
Yeah it strikes hoome with me as in my class in 11th grade one girl got knocked up. She really had a tough time and it took her a while to get on two feet again as she didnt finish school.

There is a difference in preganncy in 14-16 year old than 18-19, it still can mess a bit, but at school the demage is certainly much, much higher than after you finish it and get degree.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote