View Single Post
Old 2009-01-23, 02:32   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Guin Saga

Genre: Action, Adventure

Anime Production: Satelight

Scheduled Air Date: Spring 2009

The show is based on a novel by Kurimoto Kaoru. This novel is 123 volume long and counting. That's a lot of material waiting to be animated. My interest sparked when I saw the name of the director in charge, Wakabayashi Atsushi, who has been involved with some of the most popular series out there at a given time. Is this another popular shounen series in the making? I don't know, but I'm fascinated and that much is certain. I don't like the story, but I'm intrigued by the fact that Satelight will be the animation production company. They are usually one of the better studios out there who tries to produce good animation consistently, so it's strange to see they want to get involve with a potentially lengthy series. What's more, Uematsu Nobuo is in charge of the music! Fascinating, right? The synopsis in the following is stolen from James Michael White's review:
Book One of The Guin Saga, by Kaoru Kurimoto serves up its Frank Frazetta-like muscle-bound he-mensch hero on page one with descriptive terms like freakish, peculiar, and bizarre. That’s because, in addition to his loincloth, he wears a permanently-affixed leopard mask, evoking fantastical shades of Alexander Dumas because this man, not in an iron but a leopard mask, is at once more and less than he seems. Turns out he has no memory of who he is or how he came in such physical disrepair to the haunted forest where Kurimoto’s prologue places him, but thenceforward he acquits himself in heroic enough fashion many times to demonstrate all the vital qualities of heroes and kings.
Supposedly later volumes induces subservient yaoi. Nothing is making sense. I am fascinated indeed!

edit: Trailer in Youtube.. thanks goes to Haohmaru.

Last edited by monir; 2009-03-03 at 10:12.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote