View Single Post
Old 2009-08-31, 05:50   Link #262
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Par for the course. The way Kyoani seems to operate now is they'll have their new "K-On" style of animation which is overall less detailed except for the odd animation cut that uses a more detailed style reminiscent of what they used to do back in 2006. Usually the old style stuff seems to get used for fanservice/ultra-moe scenes or scenes that are pivotal to whatever is going on in the arc as a whole. The ones they want to stick in your mind the most).

Honestly I too would rather they just pick one style and stick with it. If that's the new style then so be it, it's probably for the best anyway and it really doesn't look all that bad at all, it's just not the best there is out there and nobody ever said they had to be the best.....okay well they did but you get what I'm saying right?
I disagree with you here. Many people see a mix between newer style and classic Haruhi style with this latest episode... and I really don't. This latest episode is pretty much classic 2006 Haruhi with the exception of lost of line definition from time-to-time. This is the classic style, and I'm very happy to see it back.

For anybody who thinks that episode 12 still has a lot of the newer style in it... can you pick out a scene or two in the episode where it stands out to you? Because... I'm not seeing it. Not at all.

In any event, if this is a mix between newer style and classic Haruhi style, I'll take this any day over the newer style alone. It's far far better than the newer style alone, as it pertains to what suits this anime.

Also, Kaioshin... why do you think it would be "for the best" to go exclusively with the newer style? What's wrong with the Haruhi 2006 style? I think that it would be for the best to go with a style as close to 2006 Haruhi as possible.

Do you want all of KyoAni's titles to have more or less the same new style for their artwork? Wouldn't that cause all of their titles to seem less distinctive from one another, and hence for the art style overall to appear dull and overly common, over time?

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-08-31 at 06:08.