View Single Post
Old 2009-10-30, 18:57   Link #69
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
Asides from the magical girl transformation sequences for Suou's rifle summon, I think season two has been consistently dark. You have the cheery stuff in the first episode, then, since then, it's been nothing but death dogging Suou's steps. She's pretty much Hei's captive, and undergoing hellish training while eating spoiled ramen! Her father's dead, her friends are either dead, hunting her or can't remember her, and her brother, if he exists, made her into bait and now summoned her to a country she's never been to. She has no idea what the hell is going on, there are people trying to kill her still, she can't trust anyone she's with, she has no money, and no real idea as to what's going to happen to her, what plans Hei might have for her, and her only goal is to get to Tokyo based on a note left in a book. It's pretty fucking grim, if you ask me.
I have to agree 100% with this one. The dark atmosphere this season is "darker" than in the previous one. There are qutie the number of reasons for that and the above post sums them up pretty well. Suou was just a normal girl and in a couple of days her life has been so...ehem....that I have no idea how she's holding up at all (yeah it's an anime..plotlines and all ) She lost absolutely everything she had and now she's in the hands of someone who from her point of view was one of the people who destroyed her happines. Isn't that grim enough?
And Hei's character is darker as well - he was an emotionless "contractor" at the star of the first season but now he's something more (or less - point of view ) He is now a drunk hobo emotionless ex contractor that has lost everything again after geting back some of the happines he lost a long time ago.

Oh and let's not forget the policeman's body parts flying around the previous episode. They were also people you know.

On another note I still haven't watched the episode so no comment on it for now.
Beseides it will be long and borin and no one will read it anyways
Wohoo I was right they went to Sapporo