View Single Post
Old 2011-11-15, 04:26   Link #2207
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I really don't understand critcism-phobia. If I reacted violently to every time someone hates something I like, I'd have died of a dozen heart attacks already.
Personally, I think I have more of an issue with criticism fatigue than criticism phobia. There's just a certain point where responding to criticism stops feeling like a fulfilling intellectual exercise and starts feeling like a chore.

This hasn't really occured for me in this thread because I don't really have a strong stance in regards in regards to the show as a whole. I like the emotional "weight" involved, the soundtrack and aesthetics, and Tsugumi and Ayase. Balanced against a bland lead couple, main characters winning fights by "hax" (I'm a PC gamer, okay?) and some writing that felt forced (the blood transfusion thing felt like a cop out and I can't for the life of me figure out how a wheelchair bound girl would generate the power necessary to do a throw like that).

BTW, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but does anyone else really feel like this is mashing concepts from Evangelion and Code Geass together?

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote