View Single Post
Old 2012-11-12, 04:40   Link #468
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

No no, let him continue, DR. I'm finding observing Hagoshod's state of mind - which is a brick wall, from what I see - to be mildly interesting.

In the way that watching someone driving into oncoming traffic is mildly interesting.

Actually, note that he's doing any aspiring writers in this thread a favor: showing them how not to do things.

Irony of ironies? If he'd just used Bioware's artistic integrity argument, I doubt he'd be mocked so much. Just stating, "I acknowledge that this is not how things are as per canon; nevertheless this is my vision and I'm sticking to it," would have engendered more respect that these insulting little tantrums. (Btw, Hagoshod, resorting to insults weakens your position. Just FYI.)

Also, to repeat an analogy that I quite like (having created it myself XP): At the begining of Total Eclipse, Yui and her friends are like a glass that's half full of water. As they progress in their training, sake is added to that water. The glass is perhaps not completly filled, but it is now sake-infused water, and there is no way you can get the sake out and revert that glass back to the original state.

Yuuko wants half full glasses of water to which she may add Fortified Orange Juice. 207 are all those half full glasses of water, and A-01's serving pilots are all full glasses of water mixed with Fortified Orange Juice. Izumi is an almost full glass of watered sake.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2012-11-12 at 10:13. Reason: Added an analogy I really like.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote