View Single Post
Old 2013-01-02, 18:59   Link #171
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
So you are comparing the fact that (according to you) teenagers can't get happily married with teenage harem protagonists?
You really need to learn to distinguish reality from fiction.

The love at first sight trope is probably much more romantic than the in real life more common situations in which people are getting dumped/divorced after not being satisfied with their relation.
Not to mention things like "happily ever after" or "death do us part" are also an idealistic view of a romanticized and idealistic marriage/relationship.
I'm not saying teenagers can't get happily married with teenage harem protagonists, I'm just saying that most people I know really don't enter in a relationship with only one partner and stay that way forever. Nowadays it's not unheard of to get more than 3 tries before finally settling down for good (or as I used to joke about, Western people take at least 10 tries before finally settling down, but that's because I have very limited information about romance in the West).

Well, yeah, RL romance is way beyond media can ever portray. Only by entering in a relationship can I fully realize how awesome RL romance is with all the flaws and less of the idealized version.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote