View Single Post
Old 2010-04-14, 11:08   Link #1451
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
lol. i listen to kyon's more than both of them. ^^
Haruhi's the one for me. Well, maybe because she has more songs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
weird though. i remember someone mentioning that she did that on purpose. you know, like, backing the belief that mikuru is a terrible singer (since she was acting as mikuru and not yuko goto).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
I haven't mentioned this, but I've always had this impression as well. Besides, most Seiyu are excellent singers given all the vocal training needed to actually becoming one (this is also the reason why it's practically required to make character image songs).
Thing is, I could enjoy the recorded version just fine, but seeing it performed Live kinda ruined the image in my mind. Actually, I think the fans in the audience were stunned too, given their silent reception of the song

True, character image songs will require a certain level of singing ability from the seiyuus, but nobody's gonna listen to Sugita (Kyon's seiyuu) and say that he's a great singer. In fact, what makes Kyon's character songs so good to listen to is his unconventional style of singing (screaming randomly and all, lol). They're trained to portray characters well, not sing well. While both require a good voice, these skill sets don't necessarily translate into the other.