View Single Post
Old 2009-09-27, 11:26   Link #72
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbee View Post
I think she actually is afraid of outliving him and losing him eventually, since she dreams of standing above his barren bones.

This is exactly the responsibility she's laying on Lawrence now: even if I stand at your grave, it was a choice you will have made.
She just claimed in episode 11 that she was no longer worried about that, and in a tongue-in-cheek way her actions show this (she helped put him into a situation where he could have easily been killed before his time, and even now she's dragging him right back into action when he's clearly injured). I do agree though, and think she was lying when she said that to Lawrence. I just suspect that there is more to the story (because I read way too far into these things ).

The way she asks him if he will take responsibility implies that there is something he doesn't know yet (also note her reaction when he tells her he loves her is to angrily ask "What do you know about me?"). The fact that she then reiterates that he's going to take responsibility from now on shows how important it is to her that he understands this. To me it felt like she wanted to make sure that:
- he realized that he'd probably gotten himself into a lose-lose situation.
- he was *truly* willing to do this, and not just acting out of momentary passion he would later regret.

Of course I agree that she's also crushed that he's put her into such a "troublesome" situation, but the fact is that he just gave her a free pass. She can use him as an emotional crutch to deal with her problems, if she chooses to. He isn't even asking for reciprocation, he's merely "hoping for it". I don't think that fact escaped her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbee View Post
I still don't understand why he said [it may be better if she finds her own way home], it's part of the "means to an end" convoluted set-up of some of the dialogue.
IIRC, that happened long before he even knew he loved her, didn't it? He also immediately regretted saying it. I believe he was worried about how long it would take to be with her at the last leg of their search for Yoitsu, but he had no intent to desert her right then and there.