View Single Post
Old 2012-03-13, 17:38   Link #4083
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You know what? I decided to read it. Yeah it was a bit of spoiler but I don't care. It was totally worth it:

Some funny stuff (No spoilers):

Spoiler for space:

Some thoughts (No spoilers also).

We all know it but it's pretty much confirmed in this interview that Nasu sees Shirou's relationship with Sakura as genuine love whilst the others were more idealistic romance. It's interesting though that Urobuchi sees differently. Death of the Author at play here, I guess.

Nasu's thought about main characters with actual goals from the offset was pretty interesting. I guess the reason they don't usually work nowadays is that we'd find them too pretentious and that's why they're dying.

When they were talking about the fanfiction, I couldn't help but think they were pretty tolerant of it. The only other opinion I've seen of fanfiction from an author is Megan Lindholm who absolutely abhors it because she says it's as if they've taken a sweet gesture meant for them and tried to make it better instead. But they obviously don't see it that way.

And like Reckoner said, it's nice to have a confirmation that some things Shirou said to Saber were just poorly worded and that the other less than favourable aspects of the story were simply due to it being bishojo game which he even acknowledges as limiting.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote