Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 20:18   Link #1228
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Can we please stop talking about how this series is inferior to Kotowaru? Please?
How many episode discussions more must be tainted by comparisons which have been done hundreds of times over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
I'd dare you to read the first 5 chapters of the "Kotowaru!" manga from Ishida to see if you change your mind.
My response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Good grief, I'm an anime-only watcher.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The episode is an episode of regret. After seeing the true situation at the side of the commoners and at the side of the demons at the same time, Hero regrets having become the light that burnt through armies of demons like a Prism Tank.

Meanwhile, the Prince finds himself ascending to the throne after the White Night King refused to give aid to the cause and the campaign ends with 6,000 troops dead and his father, the Winter King, to perish in the cold seas. The Prince, regretting having forged an alliance with him, leaves, seeming to destroy this bond for sure.

Maou also has some regrets on her own, not being able to cherish her very limited time with Hero. Fortunately, this allows Maou to forge a bond with Female Knight, opening up a new friendship between "the women close to Hero's heart".

The New Year celebration has allowed the Maou and Hero to reunite, and they share a dance under the moonlight. Alas, the Hero still has a duty to pave the way to "the other side of the hill", and so leaves for the Gate City once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Based on what we're seeing, Maou-sama no Yabou (Maou's Ambition) is still far away from realization. Maou still has to pull the strings from the background while Hero does the more hands-on stuff. And with another battle imminent, Hero tries to minimize the mortalities in his actions, and screwing up isn't an option. I'm actually impressed that Maou could endure being away with Hero for an entire year, so I understand why she got mad at Hero for not showing up (especially with that handy teleportation spell in his arsenal). But they have to do what they need to do for their dream to happen, and being away is a necessary sacrifice.

Next episode is a reunion and a battle with Maou and Hero in opposing sides of a battle?!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2013-02-03 at 20:43. Reason: switcheroo~
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote