View Single Post
Old 2011-09-17, 23:40   Link #1018
Dr. Casey

Great episode. I like the way that Yuuji's changed so much from the way he was as a kid, while at the same time also being a very consistent and logically-written character. Shota Yuuji has a nice character design, he reminds me of Shiro from Fate/Stay Night. Shouko was also adorable, with her stubborn 'I wanna talk' clingyness. This episode seemed even more far removed from the standard Baka Test episode than number 8 was, thanks to the very condensed cast and taking place so far into the past... I'm definitely going to watch the ef anime sometime, because I've really enjoyed these flashback episodes. I also really liked the way that the teacher showed some affection for Yoshii (During the mid-episode eyecatch) over his optimistic answer. It was sweet. Of course, Baka Test has always had some of the best eyecatches ever, they're a great source of comedy.

Are there any flashbacks that explain why Yuuji was considered the 'demon' of his junior high (As mentioned whenever they're all introducing themselves in episode 8)? I've been wondering about that... it would be interesting if elementary school Yuuji, middle school Yuuji, and high school Yuuji are all distinctive and different. Complex guy, that.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote