View Single Post
Old 2006-06-15, 15:55   Link #14
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Well, I was one of the lucky ones who got the episode before it was pulled back. I was getting frustrated how Higurashi was advancing in ep 5-8 (because of animation/direction/voice acting etc..) and now after watching 9-11, I've become a fan of this show once more. Yet I still ponder if a studio like KyoAni handled this show, could this show have been turned out differently?

After episode 1-2, episode 11 has been another episode that really freaked me out. It's not because what happened in those episodes, rather, the freaky part comes out when one reflects on it. For example, Keiichi in one part of the episode is talking to his mother about what she considers a good murder mystery novel, where the criminal gets away with it. Actually he wants know how he can get away by killing someone and his line of thinking wasn't hypothetical either. Calm, calculating pre-meditative murder is always creepy. I'm used to this guy loosing his nerve, acting like an idiot as he got himself too much in it because the dude was too nosy. In this episode, he is a cold blooded killer, so the change in attitude of Keiichi was refreshing.

Give this episode an 8.

P.S. As I read Sushi-Y, I've this urge to see of this hi-speed-thinking Keiichi.