View Single Post
Old 2009-02-14, 20:12   Link #15
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
I actually understand what plmko is saying (not that anyone else doesn't).

I'll admit the CoD series has been fun (haven't played 3 or 5 though). But honestly there is nothing very special about the game. You can't play it differently, don't get confused, other games allow to use different vehicles (you can mention Halo here, but I am not a Halo fanboy) or you can use different attack strategies (Rainbow Six Vegas). CoD only allows one route and one option to move through the level, sometimes to an annoying extent.

This part is just what I don't like personally. What bugs me the most is the lack of physics, after you completely demolish areas with storms of bullets and 2-3 grenades......you don't find a scratch on the room other than broken windows.

So maybe what I'm hoping is that I hope they will change the game engine just a bit.

Ok fine. Kudos for allowing bullet penetration.
I think they built CoD for cinematic quality in mind, so think of it like you're watching a movie (or at least the parts where the Army flexes their muscles). They are not totally realistic (only Hollywood-realistic), nor will they ever give you a sandbox, because that doesn't happen in cinema.

As for vehicles... players are supposed to play as soldiers fighting with a squad or even an army. I'm not sure if they should be allowed to perform individual heroics like getting in a vehicle and running people over. Personally, I really don't want vehicles because they often get so powerful that anyone not fortunate enough to be in a vehicle is slated to die within seconds, unless they're (good) snipers. CoD has been good in leveling the field with only infantry around in tight spaces. Besides, there aren't nearly as many vehicles in a real battle as those games would make one believe.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote