View Single Post
Old 2007-01-02, 17:16   Link #23
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
Seems a little far fetched... Now, for one thing, it's rather impossible that the 4th knew what was going to happen to him before hand. I'm sure he had a vague idea, but nothing specific. Still I've found the whole thing very disturbing. Before I address the topic of the thread, I want to lay some thoughts out there.

1)Look at how much trouble the 3rd had in sealing orochimaru. What makes you guys think that the 4th could just easily seal the kyubi in one fell motion? I mean, how long did it take? 2 seconds? 5 minutes? An hour? 24 hours?
2)Did he bring the baby to the battle? Presumably he did. Doesn't that seem odd?
3)How did he actually do the sealing? Sandaime had to grab his opponents with both hands. I don't see the 4th having an easy time doing this to the kyubi especially if he's carrying a baby around.

So there may be some claim that naruto and the 4th are the same person seeing as when you sit and think about the physical mechanics of sealing the kyubi with the deathgod jutsu, it seems a little farfetched that it went down exactly as we assume. Still there's that issue of the fact that the townspeople hated naruto. If he was the 4th really, why would sandaime allow him to be hated? If that was true, then the people are really hating their hero who saved them from the kyubi. Also the kyubi doesn't seem to think that naruto is the fourth at all. Seems he would be the one to know. There's also the issue of the summoning of the fourth by orochimaru and the issue of the fourths grave. I'm pretty sure he has a grave but I'm not sure if I can prove it. Anyway, if he is naruto, then the 4th has no grave... seems like something people would notice. When someone dies, typically people like to see a grave you know... anyway, just some crude thoughts...
Like i said, it may be that nobody knows exactly what happened when the 4th dashed off to seal the Kyuubi. I would think he tried to eliminate the fox for good, not seal it into a baby for future havoc. Perhaps he hoped he could, then when he tried something went wrong, or perhaps the fox did something to preserve itself.

Either way, when they got there they were only to discover a baby with a seal on it, and assumed what had happened which is the story we know. So the villagers continue to treat Naruto as they do.

Im sure they had a ceremony and the 4th has a grave even if no body was discovered.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote