View Single Post
Old 2011-10-31, 23:57   Link #121
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
@windarkness: Sometimes, it's really hard to know if you're just on fire, or you are actually being rational with that way of posting. They attracts too much unnecessary attention because your posts could be view as a flamebait with new members (post 2008 ones).
What would you suggest I do Duo? Not post like wingdarkness? I'm sorry i don't color inside the lines bro...I hate to inject ego into it, but I like who I am on this site and many people have told me they love my posts...I've had several people write me PM's and rep saying I'm the only reason they log on...I don't even know how to be different than what i am...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-sama
Already done that. I know most people aren't like me, still doesn't mean they can't at least make an effort to better convey their grievances. It's the sort of thing that would help further discussion if that is the genuine intent of such posts. Also "only longings"? Do you mean people would be longing for debate? Does that assume all people are here for that purpose? If so that's a rather strange way of putting it and that's exactly the sort of thing I've been talking about with where this thread has gone today. We're kind of in total communication breakdown mode here and thus I see no possible harm in people making a better effort to convey their thoughts here. Just cause it's the internet doesn't mean people have to be vague about everything.
When i was agreeing with you on Code Geass, when i was agreeing with you on Gundam 00, when i was with you on Macross Frontier, etc. etc., i never heard you ONCE say, hey wingdarkness change your posting style, or you're being too vague or whatever some such, but suddenly since i no longer agree with you, you want me to change how I post...That's disingenuous dude...And I won't stand for it...

You have a + after your name because you are one of my friends...How did we become friends? Because i agreed with you on $hitloads of shows, but now you wanna call me out and make me this bastion for useless posting! It's pi$$ing me off! Maybe you just don't understand it when people completely and utterly disagree with your chain of thinking...There are many people who do not like what you do in this forum, and i have the rep-points to prove it...

Gundame AGE, while completely understandable in it's search for a younger demographic, is a very simplistic show in plotting, themes, and overall story structure (I can see it clearly in the first 4 episodes)...This episode involving the introduction of Wolf was analogous to a Joey-centric episode of Yugioh where he duels some random new guy who later becomes his friend...This is the type of stuff many of us were worried about with Gundam AGE, that intrinsically it would be just as kiddy as it's animation would suggest(With the shroud of it being a gundam show to cover it)...

From a directing standpoint, it is hitting bulletpoints, but with no layers of depth being revealed, no worldveiw to consider, and hell no legible setup really, it's gonna be difficult for those of us who want to try and enjoy this show to keep our lips closed much longer...Trust me I'm trying, and i have enjoyed some elements, but with the visceral elements not being too enjoyable (The character designs, Moe-ish feel, wolfears. etc.) I, like some others, are wanting to rely on the storytelling to make things easier to accept...in these first 4 eps, and this one in particular, I see a very simplistic, almost WB Toonzai level of story structure, and I'm not feeling it...

You get that, or do I have to dive into another netherworld of depth, a paralyzing prism of depth-perception for you to understand that i can care less about the house of cards you want to build in this forum...I just post what's on my mind and look for good debates, that's my agenda...Those are my grievances and they are fluid and ever-changing, so stay tuned...

@james0246 - Wrote this before I saw your interjecting...Please allow this post to stand, this will be my last word on it...