Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-11, 03:22   Link #123
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

A boy trapped in a man's body. I think that's a pretty apt description for Muta.

At the same time he's already full of regret and he isn't even halfway past 30. It's understandable to have such a lofty dream only to have reality push you down when it feels convenient, and far more easy to give up and just go with the flow. Chasing a dream is harder than most people think, and these two episodes make that fact apparently somewhat brutal with Muta's brooding soliloquies.

But life tossed him a bone to catch up and, maybe one day, gain one step ahead of his brother. In the first episode I think it was very fitting they didn't show his face when his acceptance letter arrived. Indeed, I don't think any sort of animation can accurately picture the face of a person given a second chance at making their dreams come true.

For episode 2, well, looks like we have our main cast more or less. I also have that habit of fiddling with my chair, or most anything for that matter, since I can't help it if I feel something's wrong.

Definitely a strong and very down to earth introductory episodes. Can't wait for episode 3.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote