View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 19:21   Link #127
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I still read it as pragmatism. Tobirama was well aware that the Uchiha were a ticking time bomb (this chapter fully confirmed that the Uchiha were always a lost cause), so he attempted to muzzle the rabid clan and still make them useful to Konoha.
Yes, he definitely had good reason to want to keep the Uchiha in check. He only did what he thought necessary. But it's clear that he also had no compassion for the Uchiha and viewed them with contempt. He even says he cares for nothing outside the greater good of the village. His lack of empathy is what makes him a jerk, not so much his actions.

Quote:
I doubt it would be possible for "true peace" to exist so soon after the world had been living in a state of cold and hot war for 60+ years (even if they had all somehow been united by a common cause). Rather, old hostilities would need to be slowly resolved, and having such a powerful figure feature so prominently in one country would undoubtedly throw off the balance of peace.
Well, I guess we can really never know how things would work out unless Kishi decides to an epilogue some years into the future. But the stage is already set for lasting peace.

- The alliances are already fighting to protect the jinchuuriki, furthermore Naruto's already giving the Kyuubi's power to everyone to fight with, showing the Kyuubi's power can actually be power shared for the good of everyone, even though one person holds the source.

- Gaara is already Naruto's biggest supporter, kazekage and a former jinchuuriki. Bee, isn't a kage, but very influential in the Cloud and also has a bond with Naruto. The Mizukage is eager for peace and acceptance of the other villages to throw off the stigma of the "Bloody Mist". The Tuschikage would probably be the most reluctant, but even he seems to have changed his outlook during the war.

- All the villages have suffered major casualties and devastation during the war. More than ever, they'll need to rely on others for support and aid to rebuild.

And Naruto has become an icon. Rather than fearing him, I think they'd probably admire his strength. Unlike past Hokage, Naruto has never built infamy in other villages fighting for Konoha in wars (the sneak attack by the Sound and Sand notwithstanding). So personal bitterness from past conflicts won't be an issue. He is in a much better position to become a leader during a time of peace.

Quote:
That being said, I'm still expecting Naruto to become the Jinchuuriki for the re-emerged Jyuubi.
Yeah... I could also see Naruto becoming the Jyuubi host and next Rikudo Sennin. In which case, I'd think he wouldn't be part of any village.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote