View Single Post
Old 2010-08-17, 05:31   Link #20
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
Another problem already present with the current options of Crunchyroll and Funimation's website/YouTube channel is that they're region locked because they don't care for anyone outside of the US. Even most anime that gets licensed in the US never make it to Europe.

For instance, I bought the Lucky Star box set because I liked the show so much I was willing to pay for it. However, each DVD boots up with an FBI warning saying it's illegal to watch it outside of the US and Canada. I just ignore this because I paid €50 for this box set, so I expect a right to watch what I bought. Or would they rather that I keep downloading it off the Internet instead of providing them with a sale?

Not only in Japan, but also in the west the people in this franchise need to get their heads out of their ass, because Europe seems like a huge untapped market to me.
You bought it in Europe as a European product and an FBI warning comes up?

I don't know why the Japanese prefer NA over Europe (UK mainly, are they even interested in licensing to other languages?), but it usually turns out that way from what I've seen with JPN properties leaving the Orient (it's the same with Japanese video games, always comes to NA first).
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote