View Single Post
Old 2010-08-05, 22:04   Link #137
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm not really saying that Blackbeard would kick Akainu's ass, but I just don't think that it was necessary for him to run away, either. I mean, if Teach can safely walk away from a battlefirld full of enemy marines and pirates at Marineford, why should he bother running with his tail between his legs when he saw Akainu, a single admiral, arrive? He could've just handed over Bonney to the admiral, say something to the effect of, "So that's how it's gonna be, eh? Oh well, I can get a new ship elsewhere..... Smell ya later!", and walk away scot-free like he did back then (it seems clear to me that Bonney's capture took bigger priority over destroying Blackbeard, anyhow). I mean, I know that being a cowardly piece of scum is a part of Teach's character and all, but I just see no reason why he has to run away from an admiral at this point, especially since he's on the virge of becoming an emperor himself.....

Oh BTW, for anyone who hasn't checked it out yet, may I suggest taking a gander at the SBS thread? Oda may have dropped a particularly interesting hint concerning the next crewmember.....

Why did the Blackbeard pirates flee from Akainu?

Because Akainu could defeat them all simply by glaring at them. You think the Blackbeard pirates could defeat Akainu? Please re-read the Marineford arc and burn the greatness that is Akainu into your memory.