View Single Post
Old 2010-08-06, 16:53   Link #4259
Pika_power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Eh? That doesn't work at all. The problem with the window is that it's sealed not that it's locked.

Plus only Battler left the room.

@Pika_Power the main problem with your explanation lies on the "heart attack" part. Realistically speaking is simply ridiculous. Heart attacks do not happen to 16 years old boys unless they have a congenital disease. But such a thing was never mentioned, not even hinted.
Yeah, the heart attack was mostly just a placeholder for Disappearance Method X. The purpose of the post was to find a gameboard solution to the occurrences at face value, without name-evasion theories.

Quote:
Then she was so angry she completely forgot why she was there, and decided to "relieve" her frustration by fixing the shower and getting some burns in the process.

Is that what I am supposed to believe in?
Yes, because you have no reason not to. She's human, not a robot. She's decapitated five people because they dared to play dead. What about the idea that she's angry and acts impulsively is so difficult to understand?

Alternatively, she hopes to let Battler leave the room by breaking the chain, so she can then blame all the murders on him. Remember, she has just killed five people. She needs a scapegoat, or else she'll be torn apart by everyone else. To this end, she gives him time to escape.

Quote:
We are talking about Erika here. Her apparent behavior isn't something you can consider realistic.

She makes metagaming all the time. She calls for Bernkastel's name in several scenes, and you can see her talking to Dlanor in the gameboard the whole time.

I can't see why I should suddenly trust that in that instance what Erika did and said was a factual truth.
She does not call Bernkastel's name in this Episode. As for the talking to Dlanor, she is allowed to falsify her PoV. If she says she talked to Dlanor, it's fine. However just because she's allowed to falsify her view doesn't mean she always is. Even if she is, I've provided an explanation for why she'd hang out in the bathroom for a while.

She doesn't fully seal the door again because sealing it with the chain is faster.

I've got no doubt that the actions are being manipulated by Meta-Erika. However they can still make sense on the gameboard. While you can make an argument for why she'd fully seal the room, it's also possible to pose a reason to just seal the chain. So Meta-Erika has both options open to her, as both are valid. She then chooses the one best for trapping Battler.