Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-15, 09:35   Link #1033
Qilin
Romanticist

Watching everyone suddenly concerned about their future plans, made me realize just how fast everything is going. One moment they're singing their first recital, and then the next, they're already concerned with college. This is definitely one series that would benefit from having more episodes.

Seeing as this is a just one cour show, I really don't think romance is the way to go here. Instead, I'd rather that this show continues on the route that it's currently on and tackle the individual characters' issues at a nice pace.

Anyway, it really is a strange feeling to have watched the latest Hyouka episode before this, which similarly expresses that there are just some obstacles that passion and hard work, by themselves, cannot surpass. That is a hard fact of life that Sawa needs to appreciate, and her father makes some very good arguments regarding that point. Of course, it's still up to question how this show deals with it.

Now, I'm losing hope here, but I'm still hoping that the vice principal's back story gets a bit of exploration. As an antagonist, I find her to be a somewhat intriguing character.