View Single Post
Old 2012-10-04, 20:15   Link #267
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
This is more Trivial but I figure I'd share it anyway,this is from an interview of Sayo Yamamoto,director of the recent Lupin III tv anime :

Quote:
Can you tell us about the experience and the casting of Ms. Okada?

Yamamoto: I had several different opportunities to possibly work with Okada in past years, but for some reason or another, the staff around me always stopped it from happening. They said we were “two birds of a feather”, or “north pole plus north pole is not going to work out well, working together”. TMS entertainment is most famous for children’s series such as Anpanman, Hamtaro, and Detective Conan (Case Closed). I bet they didn’t know too much about myself or Miss Okada when they realized they were going to choose us! So surprisingly, when I decided to give the offer to Miss Okada nobody stopped me this time. It just went through.

Sato: So even though she’s so extremely busy with so many projects, was it really so easy to send a request and she said “I’ll do it”?

Yamamoto: Well…yeah.

Sato: When you worked with her, did you feel your dreams or wishes had come true having to work with her?

Yamamoto: Yes, she’s a very interesting person. It’s not always the case that an interesting scriptwriter can write interesting scripts. But I was really pleased with how amazing the script ended up being, which far exceeded how interesting Ms. Okada is, the script was even more so. She has an amazing reputation for memorable punch lines and memorable quotes that characters say. We felt that we needed to be able to execute good punchy lines, which is critical to a Lupin piece. And I think that we’ve been able to add so many of those punch lines inside the show is really just thanks to Miss Okada.