View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 02:34   Link #697
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Its job is just to unlock the trigger; predicting future influences would be another technological leap all together. Rather, it's the enforcer's job to determine whether a person is beyond saving.Unfortunately, the enforcers in this era don't seem very nice.
Well I guess that's to be expected when the enforcers themselves are recruited because they have a high criminality potential.They get to legally shoot someone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
She doesn't have the strength of personality to survive very long. This isn't a "rookie" problem. It's a personality not able to handle those types of strains and decisions. Frankly, it'd be little different than dropping a random 18 year old woman into a war zone. Which actually might have been partially the point of episode 1.
Well they mentioned they were short on staff so they might be reaching for recruits,though I think you're underestimating Akane a little,she was traumatized but still made a decision:she shot the enforcer,I'd say it takes some guts to do that on your first day of work. (btw what would her psychopass reading be at that instant?)
Ideally though she wouldn't have asked him not to shoot the victim but ordered him to since she is his superior.
But still,she used the enforcers to neutralize the rapist and when en enforcer was overdoing it she saved a victim,though obviously it seems her employers don't agree about that last part

What intrigues me more though is how Akane is clueless about the whole system,she acts surprised at a whole lot of info she's given,but I would think that the general population would know how the law enforcement system of the place they live in works,not all the details but at least the basics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA
t's an interesting dystopian future. This seems like a darker version of Equilibrium at the moment, which actually wasn't a terrible film.

Well since you mention it,one of Urobuchi's early work,Jouka no Monshou, is an equilibrium fanfic.