View Single Post
Old 2007-11-09, 00:35   Link #405
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus ex Digital Boy View Post
Regarding the actual story of Blue Drop, it hasn’t really showed it’s hand much, if at all. I’ve read one of the 2 Blue Drop manga (the one that came in 3 one-shots scanslated by Lillilicious) which was post-apocalyptic and full of sci-fi far beyond the anime, so I’m guessing the manga is a far-off sequel or just shares it’s general premise with the anime.
There is no singular plotline to the Blue Drop universe exactly. The manga stories are all side stories but they share connecting points with each other. An example would be like the many Star Trek or Star Wars novels, where each story is self contained, but might contain nods to other novels, but they all follow established guidelines about the universe they are contained in.

The stories do follow a timeline of sorts, which is covered in either this thread or the manga thread....I forget which exactly.

Back on the anime topic, I too get frustrated with characters and plots where it's so completely obvious what's going on but your characters act oblivious and/or the plotline simply won't progress. While I do like the fact that Mari and Hagino are progressing faster than your typical anime relationship the ending to episode 4 was kind of odd, given how Mari has reacted in previous episodes.