View Single Post
Old 2007-08-01, 14:08   Link #685
othafa

The two statements are not mutually exclusive. Madara is Tobi, we know that now. However, a name is simply a label. My theory is that Obito started calling himself Madara after having half of his body crushed by rocks and abandoning his clan and village (because he didn't want them to actually know who he was). Then, when he wanted to watch over Akatsuki without drawing too much attention to himself (and since the name Madara has apparently gained some amount of infamy in the last 15 years) he decided to call himself Tobi, which was a play off of his original name. I've stated this earlier, but for the benefit of people who obviously don't read the entirety of threads before posting, I'll post it again. I know that this is entirely unprovable, but there are no major holes that can be punched in my theory except for the fact that Obito would have to have been known by the Kyuubi within one year of taking on the name of Madara. However, as we've seen with the major events in Itachi's life compared to the major events in Orochimaru's life, Kishi is sometimes inconsistent or unrealistic with his timelines, so we'll see.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote