View Single Post
Old 2011-07-02, 02:05   Link #194
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Probably REWRITE unless it's not suitable to be adapted into an anime, no idea since I haven't spoiled myself on it. What about Little Busters? I saw that Reckoner said Little Busters isn’t a realistic option at this moment, can anyone expand on that without spoiling?
- Length. The story is quite a bit longer than Clannad(which took 48 episodes over 18 months). A comprehensive adaptation is a big expensive venture

- Bears similarities in story elements to the latest Key anime Angel Beats. (Though one could say Clannad, Air and Kanon are also very similar works but both got adapted)

- Little Busters is a game that to get through the whole story, heavily depends on repeated gameplay. This could mean going through a whole visual novel heroine route twice but from a different person's perspective, or going through a route twice because the first time you went through the route you got an unavoidable "bad ending". Long story short, adapting Little Busters into an anime without having it look like Endless Eight will be difficult. And due to the sheer length of the individual routes, its difficult to make it like Higurashi.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote