View Single Post
Old 2012-04-19, 02:31   Link #7001
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
More people need to get up, walk out, and demand a refund. Get a high enough percentage of that going and they'll freak out.

That's why piracy waving is such a nice schtick -- it lets the MPAA members sidestep the problem that their product is mostly shit because they can claim box office death spiral is all because of the "evil downloaders".

I've walked out of 3 movies in my life and demanded a refund. I guess I should attend more movies I know suck and then walk out and make a scene
The reason they can get away with this is people don't take it seriously. When the shitstorm surrounding the ME3 ending was still going full-blast, the unhappy customers were almost universally panned by non-gamers, gaming media and both Bioware and EA for being "whiny entitlement whores" because it's "just a game" and they need to "grow up."

It's okay to be angry and demand a refund or an exchange when you buy something broken or flawed or even just terrible at its job--unless that something is a game, a movie or a song. In that case, you're just supposed to accept that it's bad and move on, allowing the companies to continue to shit out horrible crap every year.

Really, this is stupid. They are companies. They sell a product. It shouldn't matter what the product is, if the product is defective or just plain terrible, they should have to face the consequences. But there is a double standard regarding entertainment "products."