View Single Post
Old 2011-02-14, 15:20   Link #870
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
I personally found "All of them had wounds resembling gunshot wounds which became fatal!" to be even more deceptive for that twilight. It directly implies Shannon and Kanon had separate bodies unless you hit on the idea of fake wounds AND notice the time shift between when the wounds were witnessed and the death confirmation.
Well it doesn't directly imply it as the Japanese version was 彼ら全員には致命傷となった銃創と思わしき傷痕があったぞ! (They all were scarred in a way that let you think of fatal gunshot wounds!), which is a very unspecific sentence.
What I find very interesting is that she talks about 傷痕 (which is a scar that resulted from a wound) at this point and not of 傷 (a wound, cut or bruise), 傷口 (a gapping wound) or 傷創 (a wound or injury). Why would it be a scar if they were just killed some hours ago?! Just google some pictures with 傷痕 and you know why it's strange.

The only sentence that really gets in the way is the sentence 金蔵を除く5人の殺人の際、殺人者は必ず同室していた! (In the case of the murder of the 5 excluding Kinzô, the murderer was definitely in the same room!).
There is the theory from the battle against Eva-Beatrice's Nanjô trick, that the Red also depends on where in the game it is uttered...but I still don't know if I like that theory. If it were correct there'd be no problem with the Red because it was uttered in Episode 4, long after those Episode 3 characters died, but still...

This brings me to another question I'm still asking myself...
Is it possible that Shannon and Kanon do exist seperately and that they are both the Beatrice of 1986?! If we don't consider Kanon a complete illusion they could have both solved the epitaph...though that does make some scenes with Kinzô rather strange and would raise the question who of both would be the child from 19 years ago and the real grandchild of Kinzô and Beatrice Castiglioni...
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote