View Single Post
Old 2013-07-16, 12:27   Link #8
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko View Post
No. Usually it I just get the screen staying dark after it has gone into screen saver mode after my leaving the computer idle for certain long periods. The major problem is the computer completely freezing for long enough that I decide I need to restart it (usually well over 5 minutes)

I have tried stress testing the GPU with FurMark for 10 minutes and the computer remains stable and when the temperature levels off at around 85 c. I've also tried getting rid of all previous versions of nvidia drivers and installed the latest nvidia drivers

Again though the major problem is the freezing, which I can't tell if it has been listed in the event log or not

edit: Ran the GPU RAM test mentioned in the previous post and it found no errors. Should I run it multiple times?
I would test other components such as your ram.
If anything ram-ish were broken then it would've been noticed in Furmark and you would have tearing and such.
Drivers could've been the issue but you mentioned you already uninstalled all older drivers and tried the latest as well as the version before that (personally I would never try the beta drivers though).
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote