View Single Post
Old 2008-11-21, 10:18   Link #34
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
I don't see Black Star as evil as such. He's single-minded, ambitious, but not intentionally cruel in his determination. He just has trouble accepting that other people's perspectives differ from his, and that he is, at the end of the day, just human.

We don't know Kid can resonate with who he feels like. We just haven't seen it become a problem with him, because despite how he and Liz have their disagreements, it's never gotten to the level of Maka's 'strength' issues a while back.

Indeed, all the little arguments and symmetry issues between Kid and the Thompsons seems to be all surface if we accept what Stein said about the bond of mutual admiration and respect between them. IIRC, there's no indication that he can resonate with any Weapon/Tech just because he's a shinigami.

@FlareKnight - On the one hand, I think generally a Tech being able to fight on his/her own is a good thing. On the other, knowing how important resonance between team-members is in battle, I'm not sure Black Star abandoning Tsubaki for the sake of his own ambition/power is entirely a good thing.

He just doesn't know when to back down, and the fact he's now leaving her behind at a point when they need to be able to cooperate in order to face the presence inside Tsubaki leads me to think that he might be making a mistake here.
To me, it doesn't seem as if BS is abandoning Tsubaki so much as he is trying to better himself in order to face the being within Tsubaki. His tireless training is all due to him trying to understand that prescence.