View Single Post
Old 2006-10-29, 08:26   Link #213
GoTz
Deleted

Withdrawal or F

So, to begin with, this has nothing to deal with anime or bittorent which is why this post is in the General Chat area. Some people may view this thread as "lame and stupid" with no real reason to why it should be here, but I have a very good reason for posting it. This may not only benefit me, but others in the same boat as well.

I am currently enrolled in a community college. This is the first semester of my second year and I can honestly say, I am not doing good AT ALL. I am averaging a 3.0 coming off of my first year, and I already have one 'W', also known as a Withdrawal. Currently, this semester, I Withdrew from two classes; one I knew I definately would not have passed, the other because this is my second time taking that class (to get a higher grade because the first time around I earned a C) and I wasn't doing better so I decided to drop it. Now I have a dilemma. I have one more class that I physically go to (the other two are online) which is Math 135 Precal and after the third exam, I am averaging a 56.5%. The thing is, I barely ever go to class and I never study. In fact, I only show up when there are exams to take. I am completely uninterested in school right now, the only reason I am doing fine in my online classes is because I can stay at home and log on from my computer. Anyways, I need to know whether or not I should drop this class for a 'W' or keep it while trying to get a passing grade with a very high chance of earning an 'F'. Also, how will this effect my future? If I decide to go on to a university will they even accept me after looking at my transcripts and seeing these four shining 'W's, not to mention having three in one semester? Would it be better to just take the 'F'? I really don't know what to do and I'm killing myself over being so stupid and slacking off in school. I have two days to decide what to do because the last day to even drop a class is coming up.

I figure this would be the best place to ask this type of question because of the huge variety of people who visit these forums, and maybe people who are in the same situation want to know the same thing but just aren't asking.

Currently Watching:Bleach, Naruto, Vampire Knight, Nabari no Ou, Code Geass 2, Macross Frontier, KGNE, Higurashi,
Kanon 2006,
Top Favorites:Scrapped Princess, Wolf's Rain, Juuni Kokki, Hunter x Hunter, Code Geass, Serei no Moribito, Death Note, Eureka Seven, Claymore
GoTz is offline   Reply With Quote