Thread: Haku's Attempts
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-06, 15:57   Link #147
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldron View Post
(First of all I must warn those who will rep me negatively that I don't care. I'm here to give my opinion whether people like it or not.)

Anyway, I came here because of some ugly signature I've seen on someone. After goofing around the whole thread I guess I should post some criticism.

I found it on the middle of this thread.
I'm not commenting on this one in particular, I'll take the general of what I've seen in this whole thread.

I guess you actually understand that your skills for avatars are very good while your skills for signatures actually aren't any.
And it's making me sick that everyone says the signatures are very good and seeing that like that you won't make any progress at all.

IMHO, indeed the problems about these are not the renders, but rather the context and the effects you do or don't apply.

Maybe you should look at other threads like Sephi's or Klashikari's to know what I mean with what definitely makes a signature good/lovely (in fact it's not what I quoted before).

I do not want you to become any depressed with this at all, please see this purely as an opinion and mature with it.
Wow...that hit me kind of hard at first.
Oh, well. I understand where you're coming from. I really don't believe I'm much of a sig person. I tend to focus on animating avatars instead, since I'm confident in doing so. Although I wouldn't say that I don't have any skills in making sigs at all, as you've stated. I admit, I'm not as good as most people here. I will take your comments to heart and try my best to improve.

As a matter of fact, I've tried a "kind of" new style since my old one didn't seem very good at all. Here's an experiment on a request on another forum.