View Single Post
Old 2010-03-18, 12:46   Link #9
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I bookmark http://forums.animesuki.com/search.php?do=getdaily.

That's why I emphasized earlier how the names should be both similar but also unique. Take the following example. Which of the following is the manga thread: Break Blade (Broken Blade) or Break Blade? Even as a regular it can be tricky, because the hole process in your head is just awkward really (nothing logical to give you the answer). And this is somewhat situational since sometimes we just don't care very much. Of course in the case of the example we do have the forum rules concerning manga/anime discussion to deal with. And yeah you could say "can't you tell its the anime discussion?", for which my answer is: "not by the discussion". We are allowed to talk about the anime in the manga threads, and discussing the anime does happen, so its not really: "Oh its anime talk. Must be the anime thread." And of course your options are to worry about or make the mistake. I've even seen this thread naming issue go further where the threads had exactly the same name. Frankly, I think if the forum detects the name+prefix exists already you shouldn't be allowed to create it since its so annoying to have two threads with the same name.

Well, at one point I used to bookmark the User CP but I only subscribe to topics manually now, because auto-subscribe tends to be more a bother for its worth. And bookmarking the daily is what I do on most other non-vB boards. Consistency is easier on the mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Well, it's pretty simple to me. Solace asked what stickies are "useful" and "worth reading."
From my point of view you made it sound too much like a voting pattern. So I proceeded to sabotage your evil scheme!