View Single Post
Old 2010-02-21, 00:28   Link #1165
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I loved episode 7. I had been waiting for shizuo's story and it sure as hell didnt disappoint.

I loved how they explained Shizuo's freakish strength as its somewhat based in reality. Our brain regulates what we do for a reason. The human body is capable of more than we actual do with it but its also fragile. Therefore the feeling of pain or tiredness keep us from over doing it except in those cases where people do the impossible like a mother developing super strength for a short period of time trying to save or protect their child. In Shizuo's case that part of his brain that should tell the body to stop is well turned off. So he can use 100% of his strength but the body physically could not handle it so kept breaking his bones. Whats funny is he kept getting stronger everytime he healed (like a certain Goku we all love) because his body was learning and adjusting to his strength. Then there's the milk well we really dont need to go into that one its pretty self explanatory.

There are just some people you dont like before they even open their mouths but in this case i see way Shizuo hates Izaya its pretty well deserved. There first duel Izaya won by default because Shizuo got hit by a truck LMAO I think these two will be bitter enemies till their on their death beds and even then Shizuo will be trying to crush Izayas head with a heart monitor.

I think the only 2 people that can keep him check is his brother which i enjoyed all their scenes together especially the one with him going nuts and his brother doesnt say a word just breaks out the milk lol. Then there is Celty that was a nice scene at the end well anything scene with Celty in it is good for me.

The writing for Dhurarara is top notch and i dont mind the animation either. Its crisp scenes dont move to fast and the stop action is used at the appropriate time and not over done. Im loving the music so far as well everything just seems to fall into place. The show is easy to understand, humorous and knows how to keep an audiences attention. Even with the show split between several different characters that are all connected its very easy to follow. I feel this is key when having a large amount of characters that are of equal importance.

Favorite line from episode 7.

Simon: Shizuo!
Shizuo: Yo
Simon: are we done with puberty? The its time to eat sushi.