View Single Post
Old 2009-03-26, 07:22   Link #160
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowed View Post
I just googled and found info that school start in September or October in Japan. Could have been wrong info thou. It also said that it ends in July but graduation is earlier. It is possible that persons who wrote it just assumed that time period. I used two sources for this.
Nope. Unlike the US, in Japan school runs year round. The school year ends in the spring just like the US, but the next year starts up right away after only a realativly short break and runs through summer.

That's why in anime, you always see the cherry blossoms in bloom when people are starting a new school year. Cherry blossoms bloom in the spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Her leaving him for a year is after all an important plot device to show the mentioned bond between them, but yeah, should have been a tough time for both of them
I'm still a bit ambivalent about the whole "dissapearing for a year" thing, so I am not totally sure how I rate this ep yet. To me, the main reason for her to have left would be to have reconciled with her parrents, but we get no real confirmation that she actually did. The meeting of the two at the very end, after their separation, was nice even if it was a bit quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuki87 View Post
The kiss scene and final I love you scene were touching.
I totally agree here, and these were to me the best parts of the ep. Very toughing and yet somehow still in character for both of them.