View Single Post
Old 2009-06-25, 22:26   Link #82
D Lusion AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Not killing off characters when it was very assured that they would die (i.e. Pell and that girl's father from Skypiea) really cheapens the overall tone/seriousness of the drama. It completely destroys the impact of having a sense of tragedy and takes away from the severity of the situation. This is a story about pirates, and the life of a pirate is not pretty.

Honestly now, if not one person dies in this upcoming war, will you be satisfied?
Merry died. Unless its assumed that its spirit lived on in the Thousand Sunny.

But If you are talking about people than I cant really think of any besides the ones that had died before.

Well with a lot of the situations that the characters have gone through (ex: Nami and her village) Death would have been much easier.
I dont think not killing completely destroys the sense of tragedy or takes away the from the severity of the situation.
I mean it would have been less tragic for sanji if zeff died saving him rather than him fiding out he ate his own leg and gave up all his food for him. I understand the story would have changed completely, but im just trying to say that its not just death thats tragic