View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 19:33   Link #22
Sunder the Gold

Here's something I forgot to add:

In a Duel, one combatant can offer his opponent the option of a Free-For-All. If the opponent accepts, then any members of the gallery can join the battle.

When this happens, the time limit does not reset, but both combatants return to full HP and zero SP. However, the mental effects of any pain suffered from severe injuries does not vanish, so one of the opponents might still be incapacitated.

In a Free-For-All, there are no teams. Presumably the Burst Linker with the most HP remaining at the end is considered the winner, with all losers forfeiting Burst Points to the him based on their own individual levels versus his level.

The gallery watching Cyan Pile's first fight with Dusk Taker (which turned into a Free-For-All) only had Silver Crow and Lime Bell in the gallery, so only they could join the fight.

This is not to be taken as a sign that Cyan Pile is unpopular. (Or symptomatic of Dusk Taker being a virtual unknown.) After all, Black Lotus likely has all of her legion members marked for gallery viewing.

Rather, the duel took place within the Umesato Middle School network, cut off from the global web. No matter who else was following Cyan Pile's fights, they could not observe.

Cyan Pile specifically invited all of the gallery members for his battle in the hospital's closed network... Though come to think of it, I'm not sure why this should have worked, or why he did it. He meant to challenge Black Lotus while she was helpless, but that would just reveal him as a traitor, right?

It's unknown whether or not Burst Linkers in other challenge zones are capable of watching duels in different zones if all parties are connected to the global network.

But Kuroyuki did not observe Silver Crow's duel with Ash Roller outside of their territory, so I'm guessing that there very much IS some kind of range limit.