View Single Post
Old 2013-02-24, 07:12   Link #37569
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
And Signum conveniently leaves out the fact that filling pages means collecting cores means attacking other mages?

And Signum is conveniently ignorant of how attacking another student or a teacher of Louise's school could cause a lot of trouble for her master?

To use a colorful metaphor, that's surgically replacing both of Signum's eyes with Idiot Balls. Then doing the same with all of the other Wolkenritter.
The Idiot Ball is on Louise, I admit, but for a different reason: all nobles are mages but not mages are nobles in the ZnT setting. Due to cultural dissonance she doesn't mention that while expecting the Wolks atttacking some magic-capable bastard bandits.

Quote:
Dead mages don't have linker cores to collect. Of course, maimed and dying mages aren't dead yet, but if Louise is too late to stop the core-harvesting and the victim is still alive, then the Wolkenritter probably didn't inflict much injury.
Point. I stand corrected as it works the same.

Quote:
Shamal would first make it very clear that having one's core removed is AGONIZING. I could Louise demanding it anyway, because she's just that insecure and determined.
In that I disagree with you. Sure, it has to hurt, specially when extracted by force but if it was so agonizing Nanoha, Fate would react more at have pain due to have their linker core removed.

Also, they aren't going to extract Louise's linker core, just to expose it. And doing it with care.

Quote:
To be fair, they'd have no basis for comparison since none of the Wolkenritter would be stupid enough to try taking a core without explaining it to Louise, and Louise would tell them No.

At least until Foquet appears to provide an acceptable target. (Which brings up the point that Louise could hire her familiars out to her majesty the queen as bounty hunters, of a sort. Serving her country while also providing the Wolkenritter what they want, and incidentally making it clear to the world that Louise is a powerful mage, to have a powerful magic-user for a loyal familiar.)
I agree the Halkeginians don't have any comparison measure on how bright a linker core should be but I was thinking on the lines of "this isn't just a pretty light, it's far more bright".

You know the funniest thing? My only source of ZnT is fanfiction
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote