View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 09:06   Link #5885
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
What friends did he have at Orb? How did you figure Lacus was in Orb? And I thought Athrun had been living in Heliopolis which he already managed to blow up.
What? He had Kira at Orb in Seed, he knew Orb was neutral, He knew Cagalli was there too, he didn't want to bring a war to a neutral nation, not to mention attacking Orb with one submarine and four mobile suits is retarded, he knew they made Mobile Suits, but he didn't know Orb's full fighting power at that time. Being smart doesnt mean you fear a country, attacking an entire country with 4 mobile suits would be retarded

in Destiny he had the entire orphanage led by Marco(if that's the priests name), Kira's family, and not to mention the AA's crew and his friends, including Lacus

Quote:
When I said they took a hardline stance, I meant with ZAFT and EA when they were fighting in Episode 25. For a small nation they sure had a lot of guts telling ZAFT to take a hike.
Of course they did, why wouldnt they? the battle was heading towards their waters. It was one submarine and the four GAT-X's, the Arch Angel and the Strike/Graspers against Orb's Naval fleet, not the entire collective Zaft Earth force.

Quote:
I've already been through this in the other debate with monster. If you take issue with anything I said and think it's "wild speculation" then show me how. I don't really want to bring up everything again since as you plainly see, I already have a lot on my plate right now but to summarise, the reason I thought Orb's alliance with the EA was contrived, isn't because it's illogical per se but because it's out of character.
But it's not out of character, in Destiny, clearly, Orb is following the Seirans ideals, since they somehow managed to seize power behind Cagalli's back, with Cagalli being kidnapped by Kira, noone is there to carry on Uzumi's ideals either.

You seem to be mistaking Orb's ideals with Uzumi's ideals

Uzumi in power = The Orb we saw in Seed
Seiran in power = The Orb we saw in Destiny

The family in power seems to call the shots, in Seed it was the Attha's, in Destiny it's the Seirans.

the Seiran's choose to ally with the EA. that's it. Of course it's a 180 from Seed when the Attha's had the power.

I know how stupid it is, but that's what the show told us, and that's all we have to go on, trying to argue if it is out of character or not is irrelevant, since the Orb we saw in Seed isnt following the same ideals as the Orb we saw in Destiny.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote