View Single Post
Old 2013-04-21, 09:25   Link #1161
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The basic principle isn't complicated. They shift their center of mass by moving their bodies (extending his arm straight up, for example, would raise his center. If it goes above the ropes, it should flip him.) It's similar to gymnastics rings, except the ropes are hooked to their waists instead of them having to hold them with their hands. And they're not expected to make amazing figures, just to be kinda stable and upright when in rest position...

Their gear provides momentum by rewinding their ropes. (Batman has a handheld version. Theirs is bigger and tied to their waist.)

Of course, whether it's actually possible to pack that much power on their small, light equipment with their technology (or ours...), and whether it's possible to train human beings to adjust that fast, that well is another story. Oh, and there's also the problem of launching their spikes, having them stick to a wall, and then calling them back. Those are the bits that require suspension of disbelief.

Just a guess, but I think the fact that the ropes are attached to the waist instead of an upper part of their body is meant so they can flip easily at will. The training is meant to make them learn how to control that.

In other words the equipment is meant to give an equal probability of a body to be upside or upside down if left to itself.

Supposedly the equipment was damaged in a way to disrupt this balance. I'm not engineer but I don't think that as something absolutely impossible.

For example if you were tied by your feet, would you be able to stand up right? There's no way you could. The center is not shifted that high in our case but it's probably high enough to cause a lot of problems.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote