View Single Post
Old 2011-02-11, 08:35   Link #236
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
not at all. for me a writer to just "ask" the readers to accept that as fact without any explanation because its the "genre" is just poor writing. to illustrate,
Spoiler for examples:

point is QB is making contracts with minors, who most probably is not even matured enough to understand the consequences of their choices. and there aren't any explanations yet why he cant make a contract with someone older and yes if you prefer why not a boy/man
Whether it's bad writing or not is up to one's opinion. That we're supposed to accept the fact is my own perception. I see that questioning things like "why only minors?" or "why not boys?" etc. is possible and can make sense. But in this case I think even if we knew why Kyubei only contracts minors it would only mean we can reason the fact. And that is the reason why I predict that the reason won't be covered because it probably won't be of much significance for the actual events and outcomes. Hence it's better not to think about it as in case it won't be covered some people will just consider it being a plothole or the like.

Isn't Homura a good example for being mature enough? And Kyouko surely seems to be well adapted in case she is/was immature and unknowing.