View Single Post
Old 2007-06-12, 15:12   Link #45
CupORamen
Retired Fansubber
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkT View Post
IRC/Utorrent - to acquire RAWS (noobs like me don't use winny/share).
Winrar - to unpack filters
Still has nothing to do with "encoding"...
Quote:
ANYDVD for the different regions of DVDS, I dunno if dvddecrypter cares about those or not - never googled it, so I just go safe and use AnyDVD + DVD decrypter.
DVD Decrypter will brute force dump it if it's another region.

Quote:
ISubRIP - if I do it from US dvds, tl'ers sometimes find it easier to have a text file with all the English lines.
You are starting to get into stuff that I think is breaking the rules of the forum :P!

Quote:
Avi_TC pack - triticals, you know, the one which goes "Insert AVI which has null frames" ---> Output: Timecodes/Decimated .avi... Essential when you have 120fps .avi raws.
IC, I've never done a VFR from a 120fps avi, most 120fps AVIs I've worked with were decimated to 23.976fps for the final encode (they were not actually VFR, or they wanted its NOT 120fps nor did they want it MKV/MP4).

Quote:
Vdubmod - can open stuff vdub can't and then extract audio(as far as I remember)
There are MUCH better tools, Vdubmod is a piece of junk IMO...

Quote:
Mencoder? What's that? .
Was original made for linux, it comes with mplayer (command prompt media player) and is a command prompt encoder. Can be used for making VFR MKVs to 120fps AVIs. Can also dump audio to PCM and can dump the video streams from rare formats (such as videos used inside of PSP games, random I know, but it can be done!).

Quote:
I'm surprised you didn't ask about winamp .
MP3 VBR to WAV right?
CupORamen is offline   Reply With Quote